Working for Belstaff is more than just a job. Its an adventure …
Belstaff is the essential outfitter for the modern adventurer. With a heritage of technical innovation rooted in the north of England, the company started life by kitting out some of the most daring people that world has seen.
Belstaff still makes the jackets they wore today, and still fits-out questing individuals in an array of products that combine respect for the past with a hunger for future opportunities.
Technically excellent, beautifully crafted British design and know-how lies at the heart of Belstaff, and pieces range from robust, high performance wear to perfectly judged items for more everyday adventures. Rigorously designed, effortlessly good-looking, Belstaff is simply built for contemporary life.
Belstaff is headquartered in London with showrooms in London and Munich and is sold via our retail and ecommerce store network and wholesale partners all around the world.
Belstaff is a business that is full of great people. People who share a passion for what we do, for what we are, and for what we can become.
And we’re always looking for good people to join us. People who genuinely care about their job, and their colleagues; people who would be proud to be writing the next chapter of the Belstaff story.
So if you know your stuff, have a great technical skill-set, are smart, flexible, entrepreneurial and “can-do” …. then maybe this is the place for you.
Only the adventurous need apply.....
At Belstaff, our Sales Associate will maximise sales revenue within the Store whilst building a strong client base and providing an entrepreneurial level of customer service which sets the highest benchmark for the brand.
Strong relationships with clients, sales colleagues and the local business community must be built and maintained.
We are looking for someone who will be responsible for:
- To set the sales benchmark in store consistently driving sales, achieving personal sales targets and enabling and encouraging other sales colleagues to achieve theirs.
- To help create and be part of a dynamic and positive team in order to maintain an environment in the store conducive to generating sales.
- To greet, advise and help clients.
- To assist clients on the best products to suit their needs offering the client the chance to purchase on the iPad if stock isn’t available in store.
- To confidently and professionally answer questions and queries from clients
- To be able to confidently cross sell and upsell across all product offers in store, ensuring the client is walked through the in store collection.
- To ensure that the client is the main focus at all times. To set a standard that exceeds the benchmark for customer service within the luxury retail industry. This includes being fully conversant with all products and services available including product care, waxing, customisation, aftersales and stock availability.
- To ensure customer service levels consistently meet and exceed company expectations.
- To be the role model regarding customer service and sales standards at all times.
- To be up to date on local events and current affairs in order to promote conversation with clients.
- To develop and ensure good internal customer service with all other Belstaff Stores and with Head Office.
- Professionally handling customer complaints and issues.
- Offering clients email receipts and email capture when serving the client
- To understand Belstaff’ s Global and International positioning.
STOCK & SECURITY
All Belstaff stock is the responsibility of all teams.
- To be aware of Company and Store Security procedures and ensure they are adhered to at all times.
- To ensure tagging & other security systems are adhered to in store
- To ensure that all stock is protected at all times
- To be alert to the possibility of theft and follow Company procedures to minimise the opportunity for theft
- To ensure the standards of storing stock on the shop-floor and back of house are maintained
- To participate in all audits and counts
- To ensure that the merchandising is in line with the Belstaff image and commercial objectives of the store
- To ensure that stock is correctly labeled, tagged and available on the shop floor at all appropriate times
- Ensuring that the stock is in the best possible condition for sale at all times. If any product is not on the shop floor, it should be stored, so as to avoid damage
OTHER KEY DUTIES
- Must liaise with Store Manager and other Managers/Supervisor on day to day decisions, regarding safety, profitability and legal issues within the store.
- Store fulfilment of online orders, 'click and collect' and 'return to store', supporting with picking and packing of orders
H&S AND SECURITY
- To be aware of and follow all company rules and HSE legislation
We are looking for someone who has:
- A well rounded background in retailing premium/luxury goods (ideally apparel) and delivering exceptional customer service
- Experience of exceeding sales targets
- A strong understanding of premium/luxury apparel
- Team building skills
- Good computer skills (Excel, word, outlook)
We are looking for someone who is:
- Personable, self-motivated, calm under pressure, a self-starter, organised and determined to succeed
- An active interest in premium/luxury lifestyle
- An excellent rapport builder
- Entrepreneurial with a love of the Belstaff Brand
- Numerate with an attention to detail and able to deliver high standards
Where to from here?
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to life at Belstaff. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.