Our Senior People Advisor- Retail is a new opportunity to join the Belstaff team. This new role for the business will work in partnership with managers and staff across the international Belstaff retail network in the UK, Europe and the United States, taking ownership and managing all people related matters for the retail teams. You must already have experience of being a People Advisor, ideally from within an international retail business, as you will be the 'go-to' people person to drive the people initiatives within the retail network with the support of the Senior People Partner.
We are looking for someone who will be responsible for;
- Developing strong positive relationships and dialogue with Store Managers, utilising these relationships to drive and influence managers to make great people decisions
- Ensuring that Store Managers continue to deliver best practice people practices
- Being pro-active in identifying people issues and trends which affect business performance and results and working together with Store Managers to formulate and implement solutions
- Using People metrics and/or reports to support and enable Store Managers to positively manage their teams
- Being the first point of contact and taking ownership for the management and delivery of employee relations issues and solutions, keeping the Senior People Partner continuously informed
- The above will include: managing disciplinary and grievance processes and the supporting documentation; sensitive handling of redundancy situations should they arise; supporting performance management processes; long-term sickness, organisational or structural changes in the retail network requiring people support or involvement
People Systems and Processes:
- Working closely with the Payroll Administrator to ensure paperwork for all retail employees is accurate and effective data is held for everyone at all times.
- Informing the Payroll team of any people changes
Talent and Resourcing:
- Working closely with the Senior People Partner as well as Store Managers to ensure that we are attracting and recruiting the highest possible level of talent into the business at all times
- Working closely with Store Managers to ensure that recruitment is managed proactively, providing advice and support and ensuring that internal recruitment procedures are followed consistently
- Working in conjunction with the Senior People Partner on salary and headcount control so that compensation is maintained in line with market rates, and remains within budgeted levels.
- Ensuring that all supporting administration processes and procedures for recruitment are conducted in an error-free and timely manner
- In line with People objectives and strategy and in conjunction with the Senior People Partner, to keep recruitment methods within retail under constant review in order to increase efficiency, reduce cost and enhance the value that the People team add to the recruitment process
People Policies and Procedures:
- Liaising with the Senior People Partner, using people knowledge and information obtained from building relationships in the retail business as well as up to date knowledge of any changes in legislation to maintain and develop employment policies and procedures and management guidance
- Ensuring that policies and procedures are kept up to date and in line with statutory legislative changes and changing business needs at all times, and that the necessary employment policies, procedures and supporting management guidance notes are clearly documented and are available to all staff at all times
- Ensuring that the retail population are aware of and have read and understood any specific policies and/or procedures that apply to them
Department Objectives/Special Projects:
- Working with the People team on dedicated objectives and projects which link to the overall people strategy for the business
- Managing any special projects that arise from the retail business in a proactive and professional manner
- Driving the People initiatives in the retail environment, to come up with innovative ideas and suggestions on how we can make Belstaff a great place to work
We are looking for someone who has;
- Solid HR/People Generalist skills having worked as a HR Advisor or Junior HR/People Business Partner in a retail related role
- International retail experience, a European language (German or Italian) would be beneficial
- A high level of professional skill and technical capability, displaying integrity in decision-making and ability to advise staff and managers confidently and accurately
- Good rapport-building and interpersonal skills; able to quickly build positive relationships, listening to and actively showing an interest in other people’s ideas, situations and perspectives
- Problem solving ability; able to solve people related problems, by having a clear understanding of what the issues are and what the most appropriate course of action should be taken; committing to a course of action
- Commerciality; able to make good decisions within the correct timeframes and using sound knowledge and good judgment in order to “keep the ball rolling” and to maintain momentum
- Influencing skills; able to translate theory and best practice into action and enable others to achieve positive results by giving clear people direction and guidance
- Resilience; remains calm and in control, keeps focus and energy whilst under pressure
- Personal drive and effectiveness; a positive, 'can-do' mentality, keen to find ways round obstacles and willing to exploit all of the available resources in order to accomplish objective
We are looking for someone who is:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) with some professional training in an HR/people related field
- Happy and confident to integrate into a busy brand and small people team (with no Team Administrator), with a light touch to quickly become a valued and trusted colleague
- A Team Player; shows consideration, concern and respect for others and works effectively with them to achieve results, views differences positively and uses them as a source of ideas to improve things, is open and honest about what is going on
- A good natural communicator both oral and written, able to use a range of techniques and styles to ensure that communication is timely, clear and effective
- Organised; able to work in a methodical and organised way to achieve goals and ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
Where to from here?
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to life at Belstaff. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.