For nearly a century, Belstaff has been the chosen brand for men and women with curious, pioneering, and adventurous spirits. With these strong foundations beneath us, we now have an extraordinary opportunity ahead of us, and we need the right team to help move us in new, unchartered ways. Our goal is to re-curate our rich, colourful history into new chapters of innovation, independence, and storytelling.
We are currently searching for an Assistant Merchandiser to join the team. The purpose of this role is to assist the Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) Merchandiser in the trading of the DTC channels with a focus on Outlets.
We are looking for someone who will be responsible for;
DTC Trade reporting
- Run weekly reports such as the Sales by Line and Bestsellers to aid team with meaningful analytics and suggest appropriate actions
- Present relevant information in Weekly DTC Trade meeting
- Assist in the Merchandising Calendar (including Outlets) maintenance
- Keep track of relevant stock deliveries to assist in weekly trade forecast
- Work with Marketing team to ensure that relevant communications are being sent out to the databases
- Ensure current season and forward season delivery trackers are kept up-to-date
- Update Warehouse Stock Designation sheet on a weekly basis, Store stocks and additional sites on a monthly basis
- Provide stock movement suggestions based on designation insights – Full price and Outlets to Clearance
- Assist in the End of Season stock handover and transition of stock into the appropriate channels
- Awareness in key trading dates – August closure / Relevant Sale periods / Promotional activity –stock movements and communications completed in line with these dates.
- Assist in the seasonal planning of MFO stock
- Manage outlet stocks to ensure they are achieving the set-out KPIs – Cover, Margin, % Sales Mix
- Regular stock consolidations to ensure quick turnover
- Trade analysis – look for opportunities to push sales, to increase potential in quieter periods
- Work with Store Managers/VM to ensure they have the correct POS in store at the right time
- Seasonal Markdowns – set-up the Markdown Roll on a weekly basis and maintain throughout the period. Provide suggested markdowns based on sales and cover
- Price maintenance – weekly system checks to ensure product is correctly priced in stores.
Manage and develop DTC Merch MAA
- Train the MAA on relevant systems and sheets
- Ensure Channel Allocations are completed in a timely and correct manner
- Working with the Merchandiser to conduct regular reviews of workload and tasks to continue progression
- Gradually introduce MAA to additional tasks and supporting on projects where necessary
Deputise for Merchandiser
We are looking for someone who has;
- A passion for the Belstaff brand
- Solid work experience in a similar role with a proven track record for delivering financial results with strong analytical skills
- The ability to work well with multiple stakeholders and departments
- A "can-do" attitude, willing to roll up their sleeves and make a vital contribution to a busy and fast paced team/working environment
- An ongoing interest and commitment to identifying product opportunities
- The ability to manage and prioritise a broad and diverse workload
- The ability work independently and to deadlines
- Excellent organisation and presentation skills, with the ability to multi-task
- A strong interest in fashion/style, design and trends
- Experience within luxury brands (desirable)
We are looking for someone who is:
- Personable, self-motivated, calm under pressure
- Key understanding of the luxury market and can demonstrate commercial instinct
- Flexible and enjoys working in a fast moving and changing environment
- Incredibly detail-oriented and organised
- Able to contribute fresh and innovative ideas
- Confident using the Microsoft Suite, particularly Excel
- Entrepreneurially minded
Where to from here?
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and we welcome those from all identities, backgrounds and experiences to apply to life at Belstaff. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates so if you would like us to make any adjustments to the application or interview process, please let us know and we will be happy to support you.