For nearly a century, Belstaff has been the chosen brand for men and women with curious, pioneering, and adventurous spirits. With these strong foundations beneath us, we now have an extraordinary opportunity ahead of us, and we need the right team to help move us in new, unchartered ways. Our goal is to re-curate our rich, colourful history into new chapters of innovation, independence, and storytelling.
We are currently searching for a Midweight Graphic Designer to join the team.
We are looking for a midweight designer with the passion, attention to detail and drive to help us deliver best-in-class brand assets for our channels. The role works across multiple projects simultaneously, with a key focus on supporting the Brand Marketing creative functions on a variety of briefs, from coming up with creative executions for digital placements in email to designing templates needs across social media design.
As a true digital native, you will be a crucial player in the design and workflow of web assets for site refreshes across homepage, landing pages and more, partnering with cross-departmental teams including Ecommerce, Communications and CRM to drive desired customer behaviour.
We are looking for someone who will be responsible for;
- The design and delivery of; homepage/website, emails, mobile, apps and BAU over our UK and global sites
- Researching and developing new templates to keep the site and emails looking current and innovative
- Working with editorial and trading teams to design features and engaging editorial content
- Producing and updating digital brand guidelines
- Designing campaign-led digital creative from concept stages through to delivery, across multiple platforms (including web, email and social)
- Actively seeking opportunities to understand better how our customer interacts with the site and mobile, and design with a user centred approach
- Conceptualising and styling exciting still life imagery to use across campaign, site and other digital channels
- Creating the layout of seasonal selling tools for sales and marketing
- Adapting and resizing of all of the above across numerous territories and languages
- Working closely with the Senior Art and Design Director to create compelling and inspiring creative possibilities across digital and print
- Demonstrating intelligent, thought-provoking and innovative creative solutions, establishing a strong conceptual and creative point of view
- Supporting Senior Art and Design Director on creative moodboards
We are looking for someone who has;
- A diploma or degree in Graphic / Digital Design or Graphic Communication with experience in commercial digital design, or equivalent experience
- Previous experience with managing large volumes of digital / web assets for online platforms
- A portfolio of digital and print work in an online format
- Excellent knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator (Adobe CC)
- Additional digital skills (e.g. After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Frame IO, Sketch)
- Knowledge of HTML5 & CSS3 also an asset but not essential
- Traditional typography and print skills
- A great eye and understanding for UI and UX
- Ability to produce work for a wide range of channels, including social media, email, desktop and mobile, with a good understanding of the best practices of each platform
- Ability to work seamlessly as both part of a team or individually and use initiative when required
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to independently manage and prioritise multiple projects and multiple briefs per day
- A great record of taking, interpreting and delivering design projects to tight deadlines
- Interest in learning and developing Art Direction skills for ecommerce studio and social media
- Great attention to detail and the ability to follow and execute detailed instructions and briefs to the letter and to a high standard
- The ability to work proactively; manages and is accountable for artwork quality, accuracy and consistency
- A commitment to ensuring that all executions are produced in a customer focused manner with regard to readability, usability, functionality and performance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We are looking for someone who is:
- A creative thinker and methodical solver
- Able to bring fresh ideas and approaches by combining cultural awareness with an enquiring mind
- Obsessed with all things design, who is constantly researching and looking for inspiration
- Incredibly detail-oriented and organised with a solutions-oriented mentality
- Personable, self-motivated, calm under pressure
- Flexible and enjoys working in fast moving and changing environment
- Highly proficient in design, typography, and retouching using Adobe Creative Cloud
- Proficient in Sketch
Where to from here?
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and we welcome those from all identities, backgrounds and experiences to apply to life at Belstaff. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates so if you would like us to make any adjustments to the application or interview process, please let us know and we will be happy to support you.