For nearly a century, Belstaff has been the chosen brand for men and women with curious, pioneering, and adventurous spirits. With these strong foundations beneath us, we now have an extraordinary opportunity ahead of us, and we need the right team to help move us in new, unchartered ways. Our goal is to re-curate our rich, colourful history into new chapters of innovation, independence, and storytelling.
We are currently searching for a Sales Supervisor to join our Ashford store team.
The purpose of this role is to work closely with and supervise the team on the shop floor on a daily basis, driving sales, coaching and mentoring in order to ensure the achievement of set sales and profit targets for the store.
As well as acting as the role model on the shop floor in terms of sales and customer service, this role includes training and developing the team in order to deliver budget goals and customer service excellence, as well as ensuring the visual merchandise presentation reflects the brand vision and meets the highest standards possible.
Strong relationships with clients, the sales team and the local business community must be built and maintained.
On occasion the role will be required to assume some duties of Store Management when they are out of the business, ensuring the store is run to the highest standards and operational efficiency.
We are looking for someone who will be responsible for:
- To ensure that the client is the main focus for the staff at all times. To set a standard that exceeds the benchmark for customer service within the premium/luxury retail industry. This includes ensuring the team are fully conversant with all products and services available in the store including product care, aftersales and stock availability.
- To create a dynamic and positive team in order to maintain an environment in the store conducive to generating sales.
- To ensure team are fully conversant with the history of Belstaff and use this information when communicating with clients.
- To be up to date on local events and current affairs and communicate this to the team in order to promote conversation with clients.
- To develop and ensure good internal customer service with all other Belstaff Stores and with Head Office.
- To deal with complaints effectively & efficiently in line with Company policy. To ensure the clients expectations are exceeded when dealing with complaints. To ensure Store Manager is involved when appropriate.
- To ensure customer service levels consistently meet and exceed company expectations.
- To ensure the team anticipate and respond to client needs in order to excel in service standards.
- To be the role model regarding customer service standards at all times
- To oversee and provide training and coaching to ensure senior sales and sales consultants achieve and maintain outstanding customer service standards
- Ensure efficiency in after sales services.
- To be able to confidently cross sell across all product offers in store, ensuring the client is walked through the in store collection.
- To understand Belstaff’ s Brand and International positioning
SALES & FINANCIAL TARGETS
- Achieve individual and store set sales targets on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Understand and monitor weekly and monthly product sell through, assessing trends of best sellers and reacting to stock levels in the store. Monitoring and reacting to slow moving stock whilst providing commercial solutions.
- Reporting daily, weekly and monthly to Store Manager on sales patterns, best sellers, sales by employee and propose actions, based on business trends, to enhance performance.
- To Achieve KPI targets, and personal objectives, set monthly and quarterly as well as annually during performance review.
- To optimise sales by ensuring the team consistently attract new clients and develop the existing client base of Belstaff.
- To actively encourage the team to understand and proactively demonstrate an entrepreneurial flair for the selling process in order to achieve the above.
- To ensure the team proactively captures customer data after each sale in line with the set company policy.
- To ensure the team builds and maintains a personal client book to be used continuously in the store. To check on a regular basis that these details are updated.
- To ensure stock levels are maximised on the shop floor, with all items clearly priced and labelled to company standard.
- To promote key products and maintain an up to date awareness of current press and editorial in order to assist with clients enquiries and communicate with the team.
- To assist in the planning and co-ordination of in-store promotional events.
- To oversee training and coaching to ensure all sales consultants achieve and maintain the above sales standards
- To motivate and actively encourage all sales consultants to meet targets.
- To exceed personal monthly KPIs as set by Store Manager
- To be aware of and assist in the achievement of Store KPI’s as set by the Store Manager on a monthly basis
- To oversee/actively encourage and ensure all sales consultants achieve personal and store KPI’s on a monthly basis
- To meet with team and Store Manager on a monthly basis to discuss and promote progression in this area.
- To ensure that the merchandising is in line with the Belstaff image and commercial objectives of the store.
- To ensure that stock is correctly labelled, tagged and available on the shop floor at all times appropriate.
- Ensuring that the stock is in the best possible condition for sale at all times. If any product is not on the shop floor, it should be stored, so as to avoid damage.
- To maintain the teams understanding of the company policy on VM standards and assist in the remerchandising of the store when needed
- To oversee training and coaching and actively encourage all sales consultants to achieve the above
- Ensure high standards of housekeeping are maintained, throughout the store, at all times
- Ensure any administrative aspects of the job are carried out and completed within the required timelines. To understand how to complete specific management admin tasks such as Sales reports, daily sales and banking sheets, HR documentation, reports, health and safety etc. in order to provide holiday cover in this area if required.
- To hold regular team briefing sessions using all forms of communication available.
- To ensure communication flow with Team and Store Management.
- To be continually aware of all company communications and pass on relevant information to team.
- Daily task planning & ensuring completion of tasks by self and other staff
- Understand how to produce monthly staffing schedules that ensure proper coverage to provide high levels of customer service and maximise sales in the Store and step in with this area if needed in the event of holiday cover.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- To be aware of and follow all company rules and HSE legislation.
- To ensure that the team are aware of and follow all company rules and HSE legislation.
STOCK AND SECURITY
- All Belstaff stock is the responsibility of all teams.
- To be aware of Company, Store Security, cash handling and key holding procedures and ensure they are adhered to at all times.
- To ensure team are aware of how to use tagging & other security systems in store
- To ensure that all stock is protected at all times
- To be alert to the possibility of theft and follow Company procedures to minimise the opportunity for theft
- To enforce the standards of storing stock on the shop-floor and back of house
- To participate in and co-ordinate all audits and counts.
- To ensure minimal shrinkage according to targets set.
We are looking for someone who has:
- A well rounded background in retailing premium/luxury goods (ideally apparel) and delivering exceptional customer service
- Experience of exceeding sales targets and increasing profitability within a high end store
- Some retail supervisory experience within a luxury/premium retail environment ideally in a comparable size store
- Some experience of managing a team in a supervisory level role
- Commercial awareness of luxury/premium market
- Balanced strengths in sales, people development, operational excellence and customer service/clientelling
- Experience of analysing reports
- Good leadership skills
- Experience of dealing with high profile clients from different cultures and backgrounds
- A strong understanding of premium/luxury apparel
- Team building and management skills
- Good computer skills (Excel, word, outlook)
We are looking for someone who is:
- Professional and with an exemplary attitude to work, who is able to bring out the best in his/her teams to deliver outstanding results.
- Comfortable with using a range of supervisory processes in order to achieve results, including coaching.
- Personable, self-motivated, calm under pressure, a self-starter, organised, assertive and determined to succeed
- An active interest in premium/luxury lifestyle
- An excellent rapport builder
- Entrepreneurial with a love of the Belstaff Brand
- Numerate with an attention to detail and able to deliver high standards
Where to from here?
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and we welcome those from all identities, backgrounds and experiences to apply to life at Belstaff. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates so if you would like us to make any adjustments to the application or interview process, please let us know and we will be happy to support you.