Belstaff was created by and for independent spirits. We know that what we do, and who we do it with matters. Join the team and make an impact as we build a legacy that surpasses our incredible past.
Love The Challenge. Find A Way. Go All In. Stand Together. Be The Difference.
A bit about Belstaff
Belstaff is a functional clothing brand founded to move people forward. Throughout our history we have championed material innovation, collaborating with those who challenge the ordinary and celebrate the joy of the journey. Belstaff has designed protective suits for race-car drivers, windproof smocks for Marines and insulating clothing for mountaineers. One thing is at the heart of all these endeavours: An Independent Spirit. Today, this energy prevails and unites the people who bring the Belstaff brand to life, providing the best products to our customers – both old and new. We are committed to building a team of curious, conscious individuals dedicated to showing up, standing together, and being the difference between a good day and a great day.
We are currently looking for am Assistant Planner to join the team.
As our Assistant Planner you will be assisting the Senior Global Inventory Merchandiser with Seasonal and Continuity planning deadlines, as well as providing analysis and support to the wider team on a daily/weekly basis. In order to be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate trading, forecasting and problem solving skills acquired from within a Ready to Wear apparel brand as you will be working towards optimising sales and stock across Full Price, Outlet and Liquidation channels.
We are looking for someone who will be responsible for:
Seasonal Planning & Trading
- Assisting with weekly, monthly and seasonal trade analysis, presenting in weekly trade meetings
- Working with the MAA team to understand inventory movements within the business, optimising sales & stock opportunities to achieve key KPI’s
- Assisting with EOS Markdown proposals for Full Price Channels and Outlet Promotions, signing off with management and creating markdown price files
- Working with Marketing team to ensure that communications are aligned with the trading calendar
- Managing SKU code changes across the full price channels, working with the MAA team to ensure good availability
- Assisting with day to day product data housekeeping; ensuring key attributes and pricing are updated in systems and excel documents and communicating updates to relevant teams
- Working with the Senior Global Inventory Manager on creating and maintaining the WSSI, taking ownership of certain categories/channels
- Assisting in forecasting EOS terminal stock, proposing allocations to Outlets and working with the Junior Branch Merchandiser on transferring discontinued stock
Continuity Planning & Trading
- Updating and reforecasting Continuity & Carry Forward Linecards; signing off OTB spend with Senior Management and working with the production team on production planning/fabric forecasts
- Identifying areas of opportunity and risks in regards to Continuity inventory
- Working with the Junior Branch Merchandiser to establishing minimum /maximum stock levels for Continuity SKUs by location
- Working with the Wholesale Assistant Merchandiser on OOM (Out of Market) wholesale reorders, reporting on sales vs forecast and monitoring stock levels
Outlets & Liquidation
- Assisting with Outlet & Liquidation WSSI’s, including the seasonal planning of MFO (Made for Outlet) product
- Regularly reviewing Outlet stock packages, identifying areas of opportunity and working with the wider team to achieve store budgets and other key KPI’s
- Regularly reviewing total business inventory and proposing the most profitable exit strategy for stock
- Managing 3rd Party / Liquidations deals
- Working with Retail team to ensure prices are up to date on all systems and communicated to stores
People & Communication
- Working collaboratively with the Branch Merchandiser/MAA team as well as Collection Merchandising, Ecom and Wholesale
- Helping to develop planning and forecasting skills amongst the MAA team
We are looking for someone who has:
- Work experience in a similar Assistant Planner role
- Experience of working within a RTW apparel brand
- Experience in sales and stock forecasting and line card/WSSI management
- A commercial head with the ability to identify opportunities as well as risks
- Proven ability to embed robust processes that contribute towards successful achievement of company targets and KPI
- The ability to translate technical merchandising data into strategic and tactical objectives that can be used across the business.
- Excellent communication skills - persuasive, engaging
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- High levels of numeracy and an assured analytical capability
- A strong eye for detail and numbers
- A love of the Belstaff brand
We are looking for someone who is:
- Commercial, analytical, collaborative
- Motivated by taking ownership for integrating best practice planning into the business
- Personable, self-motivated and calm under pressure
- Flexible and enjoys working in fast moving and changing environment
- Incredibly detail-oriented and organised with a solutions-oriented mentality
- Able to contribute fresh and innovative ideas
Where to from here?
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation or religion. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates so if you would like us to make any adjustments to the application or interview process, please let us know and we will be happy to support you.