Junior Branch Merchandiser
Belstaff was created by and for independent spirits. We know that what we do, and who we do it with matters. Join the team and make an impact as we build a legacy that surpasses our incredible past.
Love The Challenge. Find A Way. Go All In. Stand Together. Be The Difference.
A bit about Belstaff
Belstaff is a functional clothing brand founded to move people forward. Throughout our history we have championed material innovation, collaborating with those who challenge the ordinary and celebrate the joy of the journey. Belstaff has designed protective suits for race-car drivers, windproof smocks for Marines and insulating clothing for mountaineers. One thing is at the heart of all these endeavours: An Independent Spirit. Today, this energy prevails and unites the people who bring the Belstaff brand to life, providing the best products to our customers – both old and new. We are committed to building a team of curious, conscious individuals dedicated to showing up, standing together, and being the difference between a good day and a great day.
We are currently searching for a Junior Branch Merchandiser to join the team.
We are so excited for our Junior Branch Merchandiser to join us and establish our Branch Merchandising function. Our ideal candidate will join us with Branch Merchandising experience and be ready to improve processes and deliver key KPI’s across the DTC channels (Full Price Stores, eCommerce Warehouse and Outlets). This is an opportunity to really make the role your own and establish crucial and meaningful relationships with the Head of Retail and her Store Managers globally, as well as the Ecommerce Trading team. You will have the opportunity to travel to stores, work closely with our Visual Merchandiser and have a really rewarding impact on the business.
We are looking for someone who will be responsible for:
Introducing and Establishing Key Branch Merchandising Functions
- Working with the MAA team to understand inventory movements within the business and work to improve / simplify the processes
- Introducing best practice Branch Merchandising processes and KPI’s, building necessary reports for the wider team
- Working with Visual Merchandising and Retail Teams to ensure accurate shop floor and stock room capacities and optimal Option/SKU counts
Planning & Trading
- Working with Collection Merchandising on initial allocation quantities (IAQ), store capacities and seasonal floor sets for full price stores
- Communicating and managing New Season launches, working with the MAA and Production teams to ensure stock is receipted in the main warehouse and will achieve floor set plan
- Reviewing weekly sales and stock by location to optimise productivity, with space and density analysis, presenting results and actions to the Merchandising team, as well as contributing to the weekly trade meeting with the wider business
- Identifying commercial opportunities / risks within the retail network
- Reviewing allocations – initial and replenishment – as well as coordinating stock transfers between stores and the ecommerce warehouses
- Working with the Assistant Planner to establish minimum /maximum stock levels for Continuity SKUs by location
- Providing the central warehouse with allocation / inventory movement forecasts on a regular basis
- Managing stock builds for End of Season Sale / promotional activities
- Planning and executing End of Season inventory uplifts from Full Price Stores and ecommerce warehouse to Outlets, working with Retail Teams and Allocator to ensure this is actioned efficiently
- Working with the Assistant Planner on transferring discontinued Full Price stock into Outlet stores
- Regularly reviewing Outlet stock packages, identifying areas of opportunity and working with Assistant Planner / Allocator to help achieve store budgets
- Reviewing the Outlet Promotional Calendar and ensuring stock builds are planned accordingly
People & Communication
- Acting as a bridge between Merchandising, Retail and ecommerce
- Communicating and building relationships with Retail teams
- Ensuring regular store visits and establishing an efficient and effective process for store feedback
- Managing and developing two Allocators
We are looking for someone who has:
- Work experience in a similar Branch Merchandising role
- Experience of working within a RTW apparel brand
- Passion for working with Retail and Warehouse teams
- A commercial head, able to identify opportunities as well as risks
- Proven ability to embed robust processes that contribute towards successful achievement of company targets and KPIs
- The ability to translate technical merchandising data into strategic and tactical objectives that can be used across the business.
- Experience of leading an allocation team
- Excellent communication skills - persuasive, engaging
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- High levels of numeracy and an assured analytical capability
- A strong eye for detail and numbers
- Experience of building strong rapport in order to influence multiple stakeholders and departments
- Excellent organisation and project management skills, with the ability to multi-task
We are looking for someone who is:
- Inspired by working for Belstaff
- Commercial, analytical, collaborative
- Motivated by taking ownership for integrating best practice planning into the business
- Personable, self-motivated, calm under pressure
- Flexible and enjoys working in fast moving and changing environment
- Incredibly detail-oriented and organized with a solutions-oriented mentality
- Able to contribute fresh and innovative ideas
Where to from here?
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation or religion. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates so if you would like us to make any adjustments to the application or interview process, please let us know and we will be happy to support you.
- Belstaff Head Office UK
Junior Branch Merchandiser
Loading application form
Already working at Belstaff?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.