Assistant Store Manager - Full Time (40 hours)
Belstaff was created by and for independent spirits. We know that what we do, and who we do it with matters. Join the team and make an impact as we build a legacy that surpasses our incredible past.
Love The Challenge. Find A Way. Go All In. Stand Together. Be The Difference.
A bit about Belstaff
Belstaff is a functional clothing brand founded to move people forward. Throughout our history we have championed material innovation, collaborating with those who challenge the ordinary and celebrate the joy of the journey. Belstaff has designed protective suits for race-car drivers, windproof smocks for Marines and insulating clothing for mountaineers. One thing is at the heart of all these endeavours: An Independent Spirit. Today, this energy prevails and unites the people who bring the Belstaff brand to life, providing the best products to our customers – both old and new. We are committed to building a team of curious, conscious individuals dedicated to showing up, standing together, and being the difference between a good day and a great day.
We are currently searching for an Assistant Manager to join our Manchester Store team.
You must have demonstrable relevant experience at this level, you will be passionate about Belstaff and leading by example, developing your team and ensuring all aspects of the business are delivered to an exceptional standard on a day to day basis.
We are looking for someone who will be responsible for;
- Alongside the management team, ensuring that the client is the main focus for the staff at all times; setting a standard that exceeds the benchmark for customer service within the luxury retail industry including ensuring the team are fully conversant with all products and services available in the store including product care, aftersales and stock availability
- Role modelling exceptional customer service standards including anticipating and responding to client needs, upselling, cross-selling and responding to complaints
- Understanding Belstaff’s Global and International positioning
- Assisting in planning and co-ordinating in-store promotional events
- Creating a dynamic and positive team environment in order to maintain an environment in the store conducive to generating sales
- Reporting daily, weekly and monthly to Store Manager on sales patterns, best sellers, sales by employee and propose actions, based on business trends, to enhance performance
- Achieving store sales targets on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis, and setting individual team targets alongside General Manager
- Overseeing and motivating all sales consultants to achieve personal and store KPI’s
- Optimising sales by ensuring the team consistently attract new clients and develop the existing client base
- Exceeding personal monthly KPIs as set by Store Manager
- Ensuring that the visual merchandising is in line with the Belstaff image and commercial objectives of the store
- Hosting regular team briefing sessions including relevant company information
- Delivering training and coaching
- Developing successful relationships with all other Belstaff Stores and with Head Office
- Completing all administrative aspects of the role accurately within required timelines
- Assisting the Store Manager with all HR tasks related to the store and in conjunction with HR policy
- Creating monthly staffing schedules aligned with budget and allowing for the teams delivery of high levels of customer service and maximising sales
- Following and delivering training on Company, Store Security, cash handling, key holding and HSE procedures and making sure that the team are also aware of and adhering to these at all times
- Leading and coordinating audits and counts
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping throughout the store
- Liaising with General Manager on day to day decisions, regarding safety, profitability and legal issues within the store
We are looking for someone who has;
- Demonstrable relevant experience at Assistant Store Manager level ideally within luxury/ premium apparel
- A focus on delivering Operational excellence including analysing reports and converting this analysis to tangible action plans
- Strong leadership skills and a natural affinity for team building and development
- Experience of exceeding sales targets and increasing profitability within a high end brand
- Confidence delivering exceptional customer service
- Professional experience using the Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
We are looking for someone who is:
- A naturally strong leader with an exemplary attitude to work, who is able to bring out the best in their team
- Keen to build on their past experience to suggest improvements to ways of working to achieve results
- Comfortable with using a range of management processes in order to achieve results, including coaching
- Knowledgeable and passionate about developing people and processes and has a flare for training at all levels
- Personable, self-motivated, calm under pressure, a self-starter, organised, assertive and determined to succeed
- Actively interested in premium/luxury lifestyle and staying abreast of where Belstaff sits in the market
- Excellent at building rapport
- Entrepreneurial with a love of the Belstaff Brand
- Numerate with an attention to detail and the ability to deliver to high standards
Where to from here?
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and we welcome those from all identities, backgrounds and experiences to apply to life at Belstaff. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates so if you would like us to make any adjustments to the application or interview process, please let us know and we will be happy to support you.
- Retail Operations
Assistant Store Manager - Full Time (40 hours)
Loading application form
Already working at Belstaff?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.