Supply and Distribution Manager
Belstaff was created by and for independent spirits. We know that what we do, and who we do it with matters. Join the team and make an impact as we build a legacy that surpasses our incredible past.
Love The Challenge. Find A Way. Go All In. Stand Together. Be The Difference.
A bit about Belstaff
Belstaff is a functional clothing brand founded to move people forward. Throughout our history we have championed material innovation, collaborating with those who challenge the ordinary and celebrate the joy of the journey. Belstaff has designed protective suits for race-car drivers, windproof smocks for Marines and insulating clothing for mountaineers. One thing is at the heart of all these endeavours: An Independent Spirit. Today, this energy prevails and unites the people who bring the Belstaff brand to life, providing the best products to our customers – both old and new. We are committed to building a team of curious, conscious individuals dedicated to showing up, standing together, and being the difference between a good day and a great day.
We are currently searching for a Supply and Distribution Manager to join the team.
As our Supply and Distribution Manager you will have overall responsibility for devising the most cost-effective distribution of goods and raw materials at Belstaff. You will be ensuring that the right amount of goods are in the right place at the right time, so that the company can maximise sales and profits. This will include warehousing/3PL management, stock/inventory control, order processing and fulfilment, packaging and transportation.
We are looking for someone who will be responsible for:
- Supervising daily warehouse and shipping operations, including training of employees, routing, inventory, quality assurance, dispatching, documentation, compliance, and other assistance as needed to ensure seamless daily operations
- Building and tracking cost and productivity metrics and KPIs to drive cost savings, service improvements and progress towards operational targets
- Developing, implementing and maintaining documentation for all policies, processes and procedures in the supply chain, logistics and freight management area to ensure consistent practices
- Developing and overseeing processes for management of transportation initiatives, including liaising between transport companies, negotiating contracts, coordinating deliveries and enforcing deadlines, sourcing new carriers and ensuring compliance with international commercial terms (INCOTERMS)
- Analysing, monitoring and reporting of monthly KPIs, budgets and improvement plans to deliver annual targets
- Managing 3PL development plans to drive improvement and compliance in our outsourced warehouse, transport and operations
- Driving the overall performance of our 3PLs using all reported information and KPIs at weekly and monthly review meetings looking at trends and broad structural issues affecting performance using all reported information and KPIs
- Monitoring and developing the 3PL reporting process to ensure continuous improvement on the KPIs related to general service
- Implementing, owning and optimising the forecasting process for inbound, outbound and returns
- Managing and controlling all related requirements, ensuring compliance and procedures are effective to meet regulatory and business standards
- Being our UK customs expert and working with 3PLs/brokers and freight forwarders to ensure all HMRC requirements are met for the bonded warehouse and transportation of goods – cascading and developing knowledge, process and expertise elsewhere in the department
- Overseeing and supporting the ERP implementation for the warehousing and transportation module
- Partnering with the Head of Logistics with a focus in building up the 2 year strategy for the brand
- Defining, implementing and achieving the Business Omnichannel Solution
- Optimisation and rationalisation of new 3PLs in UK and Europe
We are looking for someone who has:
- Extensive knowledge and experience of supply chain operations from a similar role, including transportation methods, freight operations and working with 3PLs
- Sound understanding of supply chain and planning processes and their impact on customer supply
- Demonstrable analytical skills
- Excellent general IT literacy
- High learning agility, adaptability and a track record of delivering results
- Established commercial and negotiation skills
We are looking for someone who is:
- Inspired by working for Belstaff
- Able to present and structure technical data in a clear and logical format
- Dynamic with an engaging work style
- Proactive and solutions oriented
- Motivated by working in a fast paced, performance based team
Where to from here?
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation or religion. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates so if you would like us to make any adjustments to the application or interview process, please let us know and we will be happy to support you.
- Belstaff Head Office UK
Supply and Distribution Manager
Loading application form
Already working at Belstaff?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.