Belstaff was created by and for independent spirits. We know that what we do, and who we do it with matters. Join the team and make an impact as we build a legacy that surpasses our incredible past.
Love The Challenge. Find A Way. Go All In. Stand Together. Be The Difference.
A bit about Belstaff
Belstaff is a functional clothing brand founded to move people forward. Throughout our history we have championed material innovation, collaborating with those who challenge the ordinary and celebrate the joy of the journey. Belstaff has designed protective suits for race-car drivers, windproof smocks for Marines and insulating clothing for mountaineers. One thing is at the heart of all these endeavours: An Independent Spirit. Today, this energy prevails and unites the people who bring the Belstaff brand to life, providing the best products to our customers – both old and new. We are committed to building a team of curious, conscious individuals dedicated to showing up, standing together, and being the difference between a good day and a great day.
We are currently searching for a Store Manager to join the team.
Our Retail Stores form a fundamental part of the Belstaff brand/business and the role of Store manager role is pivotal in ensuring the success of each store.
The overall role of Store Manager is to ensure all sales opportunities are maximised and operating costs are managed to drive profitability across the store. The Store Manager must ensure that the Store delivers sales targets, industry-leading customer service as well as delivering effortless, smooth daily operations across the Store. Strong relationships with Head Office, clients and the local business community must also be built and maintained.
KEY CONTACTS: INTERNAL: Head Of Retail, Head Office
EXTERNAL: Clients, Service Providers & Local Business Community
We are looking for someone who will be responsible for:
- Create a client centric culture within the Store.
- Lead by example in demonstrating clients are the main focus at all times.
- Set a Belstaff standard that exceeds the benchmark for customer service within the luxury/premium retail industry
- Ensure store deployment is focused on meeting client traffic and operational demands
- Ensure the team are fully conversant with the history and current direction of Belstaff, all product and collections and use this information effectively when communicating with clients
- To ensure the team pre-empt and respond to client needs in order to excel in service standards
- To deal with client complaints efficiently and effectively in line with Company policy and to ensure client expectations are exceeded
- Ensure efficient after sales service is maintained
SALES & FINANCIAL TARGETS
- Achieve store set sales targets on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Monitor weekly and monthly product sell through, assessing trends of best sellers and reacting to stock levels in the store.
- Monitoring and reacting to slow moving stock whilst providing commercial solutions.
- Reporting daily, weekly and monthly to Head of Retail on sales patterns, best sellers, sales by employee and propose actions, based on business trends, to enhance performance.
- To Achieve KPI targets, and personal objectives, set monthly as well as annually during performance review.
- To optimise sales by ensuring the team consistently attract new clients and develop the existing client base of Belstaff.
- To actively encourage the team to understand and proactively demonstrate an entrepreneurial flair for the selling process in order to achieve the above.
- To ensure the team proactively captures customer data after each sale in line with the set company policy.
- To ensure the team builds and maintains client data to be used continuously in the store. To check on a regular basis that these details are updated and stored in line with company policy and GDPR.
- To ensure stock levels are maximised on the shop floor, with all items clearly priced and labelled to company standard.
- To promote key products and maintain an up to date awareness of current press and editorial in order to assist with clients enquiries and communicate with the team.
- To assist in the planning and co-ordination of in-store promotional events.
- To oversee training and coaching to ensure all sales consultants achieve and maintain the above sales standards
- To motivate and actively encourage all sales consultants to meet targets.
- Make a significant personal contribution to the sales targets of the store
- Drive productivity and profitability across the store by analysing, conversion rates, sales, UPT, ATV, customer data capture, in order to identify deficiencies and opportunities
- Being commercially aware and responsive to sales trends.
- Developing business initiatives approved by the Head of Retail to ensure sales opportunities are maximised and Store objectives are exceeded
- Utilise the available marketing tools (CRM) to maximise brand loyalty in order to drive sales
- Maximise sales and profit by analysing performance through utilisation of commercial tools and KPI’s
- Define, communicate and monitor sales targets and service levels for Store Team. Coach and develop Team to ensure targets are consistently exceeded
- Ensure that the visual merchandising is of an excellent standard and all displays throughout the store are, at all times, in line with brand identity, VM guidelines and the commercial objectives of the store
- Ensure that all VM guidelines received from the Head Office VM team are understood, executed and adapted
- Ensure that structures and routines are created within your store to maintain an excellent level of VM display at all times. This includes providing training, coaching and regularly sharing the latest VM techniques and information and ensuring all team members know where to find guidelines and how to apply them
- Ensure appropriate store representation at the VM workshops and team sessions in London for workshops to develop and constantly evolve the VM strategy.
- Ensure seamless communication from the appropriate team member with Head Office Visual Team as required: including visual reports, photo reviews, VM relevant business and traffic data.
- Communicating, assessing and providing insights and analysis of what is working and what is not; what needs changing and ensuring approval is sought for any required changes
- To ensure that stock is correctly labelled, tagged and available on the shop floor at all times appropriate.
- Ensuring that the stock is in the best possible condition for sale at all times. Where any product is not on the shop floor, it should be stored, so as to avoid damage.
- To assist in the re-merchandising of the store when needed
- Ensure high standards of housekeeping are maintained, throughout the store, at all times
- Engage the team through strong leadership, setting objectives and ensuring everyone is clear about the results they need to deliver
- Ensure effective recruitment and selection is conducted to achieve highest level of staff
- Manage, coach and develop all staff and management employees in order that they reach their potential and achieve the required performance standards
- Develop trust and loyalty through fair and consistent management of the team
- Identify and resolve all employee issues in a prompt and professional manner, in partnership with the HR Team, in accordance with Belstaff polices and by applying best practices at all times
- Ensure image and grooming standards are professional, reflective of the brand and adhered to at all times
- Develop and expand own skills and knowledge to improve performance
- Ensure all administrative aspects of the job are carried out efficiently and completed accurately within the required timelines. Examples are Sales reports, daily sales and banking sheets, HR and payroll documentation, reports, health and safety etc.
- Ensure all store related tasks HR and payroll tasks are managed effectively and in conjunction with HR policy and the HR Team.
- To hold regular team briefing sessions using all forms of communication available.
- To ensure communication flow with Team and Head of Retail.
- To be continually aware of all company communications and pass on relevant
information to team.
- Daily task planning & ensuring completion of tasks by self and other staff
- Produce monthly staffing schedules that ensure proper coverage to provide high levels of customer service and maximise sales in the Store.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- To be aware of and follow all company rules and HSE legislation.
- To lead and proactively manage the H&S processes for the store as per company procedures/processes.
- To ensure that all team members are aware of, are trained on and follow all company rules and HSE legislation.
STOCK AND SECURITY
- To be aware of Company, Store Security, cash handling and key holding procedures and ensure they are adhered to at all times.
- To ensure team are aware of how to use tagging & other security systems in store
- To ensure that all stock is protected at all times
- To be alert to the possibility of theft and follow Company procedures to minimise the opportunity for theft
- To enforce the standards of storing stock on the shop-floor and back of house
- To participate in and co-ordinate all audits and counts.
- To ensure minimal shrinkage according to targets set.
- To respond to any reasonable request made by Management
- You may be required to undertake such further duties as your skills, qualifications and experience allow and/or as may be assigned to you by the company from time to time
DECISION MAKING AND AUTHORITY LEVELS
- Must liaise with Head of Retail on day to day decisions, regarding safety, profitability and legal issues within the store.
- Banking and financial takings reconciliation
- Petty cash control.
- You may be required to undertake such further duties as your skills, qualifications and experience allow and/or as may be assigned to you by the Company from time to time.
Where to from here?
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation or religion. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates so if you would like us to make any adjustments to the application or interview process, please let us know and we will be happy to support you.