Belstaff was created by and for independent spirits. We know that what we do, and who we do it with matters. Join the team and make an impact as we build a legacy that surpasses our incredible past.
Love The Challenge. Find A Way. Go All In. Stand Together. Be The Difference.
A bit about Belstaff
Belstaff is a functional clothing brand founded to move people forward. Throughout our history we have championed material innovation, collaborating with those who challenge the ordinary and celebrate the joy of the journey. Belstaff has designed protective suits for race-car drivers, windproof smocks for Marines and insulating clothing for mountaineers. One thing is at the heart of all these endeavours: An Independent Spirit. Today, this energy prevails and unites the people who bring the Belstaff brand to life, providing the best products to our customers – both old and new. We are committed to building a team of curious, conscious individuals dedicated to showing up, standing together, and being the difference between a good day and a great day.
We are currently searching for a Compliance and Sustainability Manager to join the team.
We are looking for a highly motivated and driven individual to take on this new role at Belstaff to lead our efforts in ensuring an ethical and sustainable supply chain. Your responsibilities will include overseeing the entire sustainability journey, from working with PD and executing strategies, to obtaining necessary certifications and conducting audits. By collaborating with teams across the business, you will be at the forefront of fostering a positive impact on the communities where we operate.
We are looking for someone who will be responsible for:
- Setting up and implementing CSR compliance protocols that align with international legal requirements, across the whole supply chain
- Taking the lead in developing and shaping the company’s sustainability roadmap and protocols, fostering a culture of sustainability within the organisation
- Overseeing the development and sustainability of garment packaging materials (e.g., tissue papers, polybags, hangers) in accordance with relevant legislation and customer expectations
- Monitoring and assessing vendor CSR compliance through audits, vendor manuals, certifications, and implementing improvement actions where necessary
- Maintaining and updating the Vendor Manual, ensuring that all team members responsible for specific sections are proactively engaged in updates
- Creating and managing CSR and sustainability budgets for all products, ensuring resources are allocated efficiently
- Keeping the Restricted Substance List (RSL) updated and establishing an in-house compliance check system to ensure product compliance
- Managing trim compliance and keeping up to date with chemical requirements to ensure product safety and sustainability
- Overseeing any chain of custody certification processes, such as Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) and Responsible Down Standard (RDS) etc
- Collaborating closely with Product Development and Production teams and maintaining effective communication with vendors and suppliers regarding component and garment compliance
- Managing Belstaff product EPR (Refashion etc)
- Line managing and motivating the Sustainability and Production Assistant
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience in CSR and compliance at a product and organisational level, within the fashion industry
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and dynamism to adapt to ever evolving industry standards and regulations
- Proven ability to foster and maintain successful working relationships
- Confidence to influence and engage internal and external stakeholders
- Flexibility to travel as needed to oversee compliance and sustainability efforts in our global supply chain
We are looking for someone who is:
- Inspired by working for Belstaff
- Highly organised, detail oriented and process driven, with meticulous document management skills and the ability to access necessary documents promptly
- Confident using the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel for data analysis and reporting
- A proactive and collaborative team player
Where to from here?
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation or religion. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates so if you would like us to make any adjustments to the application or interview process, please let us know and we will be happy to support you.