Belstaff was created by and for independent spirits. We know that what we do, and who we do it with matters. Join the team and make an impact as we build a legacy that surpasses our incredible past.
Love The Challenge. Find A Way. Go All In. Stand Together. Be The Difference.
A bit about Belstaff
Belstaff is a functional clothing brand founded to move people forward. Throughout our history we have championed material innovation, collaborating with those who challenge the ordinary and celebrate the joy of the journey. Belstaff has designed protective suits for race-car drivers, windproof smocks for Marines and insulating clothing for mountaineers. One thing is at the heart of all these endeavours: An Independent Spirit. Today, this energy prevails and unites the people who bring the Belstaff brand to life, providing the best products to our customers – both old and new. We are committed to building a team of curious, conscious individuals dedicated to showing up, standing together, and being the difference between a good day and a great day.
We are currently searching for an Assistant Manager to join us on a Fixed Term Maternity Cover contract in our Glasgow Store team.
As our Assistant Manager, you will partner with the Store Manager to own the success of your store by driving sales, delivering exceptional customer service, inspiring and leading your team, whilst coordinating seamless operations. Our successful candidate will join us with management experience in a similar role from a comparable business, ready to add value to the business and lead by example by embodying the Belstaff values.
We are looking for someone who will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the Store Manager to prioritise and create a client centric culture that exceeds the benchmark for our industry
- Supporting in creating a dynamic and positive team environment, empowering the team to deliver memorable storytelling and achieve targets through role modelling and regular training, coaching and development
- Consistently achieving sales targets and KPIs, motivating the team as well as making a significant personal contribution
- Being aware of sell through and sharing ideas with the Store Manager to respond with commercial solutions
- Reporting daily, weekly and monthly to Store Manager on sales patterns, best sellers, sales by employee and proposing actions, based on business trends, to enhance performance
- Managing stock closely including labelling, tagging and storage, whilst monitoring shrinkage
- Maximising stock levels on the shop floor, promoting key products and maintaining awareness of current press and editorial features
- Engaging existing clients and attracting new; actively encouraging the team to use an entrepreneurial approach and using CRM to maximise brand loyalty
- Assisting in planning and co-ordinating in-store promotional events
- Overseeing Visual Merchandising for the store alongside the Store Manager including following guidelines, maintaining excellent standards, delivering training to your team and sharing updates with Head Office
- Engaging the team through strong leadership, hosting regular updates, supporting to set objectives and develop trust and loyalty through fair and consistent management of the team
- Supporting with recruitment and selection processes for store vacancies
- Identifying and resolving all employee issues in a prompt and professional manner, in partnership with the Store Manager and HR Team
- Ensuring all administrative aspects of the role are carried out efficiently and accurately
- Producing monthly staffing schedules in partnership with, or the absence of, the Store Manager
- Proactively supporting with managing and following all company rules and HSE legislation, and providing regular training so that the team can do the same
- Following Company, Store Security, cash handling and key holding procedures and ensuring they are adhered to at all times
- Coordinating and participating in all audits and counts
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience in a similar management role for a premium/ luxury apparel brand
- A commercial approach to driving sales and service in the store forward, with a strong awareness of the market
- Demonstrable experience of driving a customer journey from an omnichannel brand approach
- A balanced portfolio of strengths across Sales, People Development, Operational Excellence and Customer Service
- Competence using the Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Powerpoint and Excel
- Confidence and experience of analysing reports and converting data into tangible action plans
We are looking for someone who is:
- Inspired by working for Belstaff
- A strong leader; able to inspire and motivate the team
- Adept at team building including training, mentoring and coaching
- Positive, proactive and driven by achieving targets
- Highly communicative
- Successful at building rapport and ongoing relationships with clients and colleagues
Where to from here?
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation or religion. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates so if you would like us to make any adjustments to the application or interview process, please let us know and we will be happy to support you.